In this post, we will be learning from the Salesforce digital transformation. Here, we will outline the importance of getting ahead through digital marketing. We will also consider how you can do so through a digital marketing strategy by Salesforce.
What Is A Digital Marketing Plan?
A digital marketing plan refers to the documentation of a company’s digital marketing plans and activities.
For example, a vital content of this plan is the steps outlining how you can reach your target audience. Perhaps engaging target audiences in your digital space.
What Makes Up An Ideal Digital Marketing Plan?
So how can you say that ‘this digital marketing plan is good enough’?
- First things first. A good digital marketing plan should start with your target audience. As a team, you must have and gain a solid understanding of who your market is. Perhaps, knowing what interests them, and what they are expecting of you.
- In addition, a good digital marketing plan also concerns a whole understanding of your brand. Thus, you should know what you are marketing.
- Another important aspect is the transparent setting of priorities. For example, it should highlight your short, mid, and long-term business goals. Then, the plan should show a clear path or direction of achieving those.
- Lastly, a good digital marketing plan should be in line with your business goals. Thus, it aims to deliver more business value.
Why Is Digital Marketing Important All The More Today?
Can you see the lesson of adaptation from the pandemic?
Businesses all around the globe have seen the dire consequences of being unprepared for the disaster. Of course, no one expected the pandemic enough.
But, we should learn from it.
The COVID-19 health pandemic has turned on great shifts in every way of living. It ranges from our livelihood, education methods, and daily activities.
Undoubtedly, the great shift also twisted the way businesses go.
That is why since then, the globe is turning digital in any way possible. Because digital transcends beyond any social distancing. Even more than national borders.
Going digital is also applicable in marketing.
But how can you make it work?
Digital Marketing Plan by Salesforce Digital Transformation
Salesforce highlight three (3) basic methods of staying ahead during the global pandemic. For instance, through building a strong digital marketing plan.
Consider these three ways.
Set Reasonable Goals
To strategically set your digital marketing plan, it should consist of three basic levels.
- Goals– in line with the business goals using the SMART method. It means, specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-based.
- Strategy– a topline approach outlining methods of achieving the end goals
- Tactics- specific strategies
Focus On Your Audience & Act
Next thing, you should gain a whole understanding of your audience. For instance, you should answer the following questions.
- Who is your target audience?
- What are their interests?
- How can you deliver solutions?
Next, plan out your plan according.
Continually Monitor and Learn
Look at the right metrics. Perhaps you can refer to your data and look for trends. You may not achieve success at a one-shot. But continuous learning should make it possible subtly.